Paul Pogba born as Paul Labile Pogba, is a French professional footballer born on 15th March year 1993 in Lagny sur Marne, France. Paul is a midfielder for Premier League club Manchester United and the French national team. Paul plays as a central midfielder but can also play as an attacking midfielder, defensive midfielder, and deep-lying playmaker. During the year 2014 FIFA World Cup Paul was awarded the Best Young Player Award for his performances.
After beginning his senior career with Manchester United and spending 2 years with the club, limited appearances forced him to depart to join Italian side Juventus on a free transfer in year 2012, and helped the club to four consecutive Serie A titles, as well as 2 Coppa Italia and 2 Supercoppa Italiana titles.
During his time in Italy, Pogba established himself as one of the most promising youngest players in the world, and received the Golden Boy award in year 2013, followed by the Bravo Award in year 2014, while also being named by The Guardian as one of the ten most promising young players in the Europe.
In year 2016, Pogba was named to the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year, as well as the 2015 FIFA FIFPro World XI, after helping Juventus to the 2015 UEFA Champions League Final, their first in twlve years. Pogba’s performances at Juventus allowed him to return to Manchester United in year 2016 for a then world record transfer fee of €105 million (£89.3 million). The fee also remains the highest paid by or involving an English club at that time.
Internationally, at under 20 level, Paul captained France to victory at the year 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup and took home the award for the Best Player for his performances during the tournament. He made his debut for the senior French national team on 22 March 2013 in a three–one win against Georgia, and scored his first World Cup goal on 30/06/2014 against Nigeria; Paul was awarded the Best Young Player Award for his performances at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, after reaching the quarter-final. Paul later represented his nation at UEFA Euro 2016 on home soil, where Paul scored one goal as his team reached the final.
Pogba is not married neither does he have any children so far but the football star is in a relationship. There have not been any reports of an engagement to his current girlfriend.
In 2017, the Manchester United superstar bought a huge 5-bed property in Cheshire for a fee of nearly £2.9m. It has a heated indoor swimming pool, a sauna, a personal media room, a massive drive with enough room for several cars and is set back behind secure gates. Paul’s home was put on the market for £3.49m back in 2015 but he bought it a massive £600,000 below the asking price.
Interesting Facts Secrets About
- Paul Pogba is a midfielder but is also good at attack and defense.
- He started his football career at an early age of 6 and played for the team US Roissy-en-Brie.
- Paul Pogba joined a professional club Le Harve, where he became the captain of the U-16 team in the second season.
- After leaving Manchester United in 2012, to join Juventus, he helped the Italian club win many events and even took the club to the finals of 2015 UEFA Champions League.
- Paul Pogba was selected in the 2015 UEFA Team of the Year.
- In 2016, he came back to the Manchester United team for a record-breaking deal of €105 million, when he had le the club for no transfer fee. Manchester had to pay four times of what he asked when he le it in 2012.
- He is considered powerful, skillful and creative by the MU club, having an eye for the goal.