Om Prakash Puri, OBE was associate degree Indian actor United Nations agency appeared in thought industrial Hindi Films, further as freelance and art films. he’s best identified for his author-backed roles in films like Aakrosh (1980), Arohan (1982), Ardh Satya and tv films like Sadgati (1981) and Tamas (1987) and additionally light-hearted roles in Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983) and Chachi 420 (1997).
Om Puri had numerous collaborations with director Shyam Benegal and Govind Nihalani. Puri additionally appeared in non-Indian productions within the u. s., Great Britain and Pakistan
Om Puri was born in Ambala in an exceedingly Punjabi Hindu family. His father, Rajesh Puri, worked on the railways and within the Indian Army. As he had no credentials or records, his family was unsure of his date and year of birth, but his mother told him he had been born 2 days when the Hindu competition Dussehra. once he began his schooling, his uncle selected nine March 1950 as his “official” birthday, but as associate degree adult once he moved to Bombay, Puri hunted once Dussehra was celebrated in 1950, to determine his date of birth as eighteen October.
In 1993, Om Puri married journalist Nandita Puri, with whom he had a son named Ishaan. In 2009, Nandita wrote a story of her husband titled Unlikely Hero: The Story Of Om Puri. Upon the book’s publication, Puri spoke of his anger at the inclusion of express details of his previous relationships. In 2013, Nandita filed AN allegation of violence against him, and also the 2 opted for a edict shortly subsequently.
Interesting Facts Secrets About Om Puri
- Om Puri is the recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri award as well as National Film Awards.
- Om Puri is recognizable by his deep voice and intimidating presence.
- Om Puri has praised Narendra Modi and has blasted Sonia Gandhi for suggesting her son Rahul should be Prime Minister.
- The actor was married to Nandita Puri but they separated in 2013. Nandita accused the actor of domestic abuse, saying he beat her with a stick. Puri says the claims were unjustified but has kept silent for his son’s sake.
- Veteran Indian actor Om Puri was honoured by a renowned museum for his contribution to cinema through a special tribute that showcased clips from some of his finest films and highlighted the actor’s journey from a theatre student to one of the most prominent actors.
- On The Anupam Kher show, Naseer didn’t hesitate to reveal that “Om Puri” is more of a romantic than he likes to show. He further revealed that during their N.S.D days, Om would bring flowers and sweets for the ladies and charm them.