Video : Indira Gandhi – Interview – TV Eye – 1978
Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi (Full name) was associate degree Indian politician, national leader and a central figure of the Indian National Congress. Indira Gandhi was the primary and, to date, the sole feminine Prime Minister of Asian nation India. Mrs. Gandhi was the girl of national leader, the primary prime minister of Asian nation India having height 163 cm.
Indira Gandhi served as Prime Minister from January 1966 to March 1977 and once more from January 1980 till her assassination in Oct 1984, creating Indira Gandhi ‘s the second longest-serving Indian Prime Minister
Indira Gandhi served as her father’s personal assistant and hostess throughout his tenure as Prime Minister between 1947 and 1964. Indira Gandhi was non-appointive President of the Indian National Congress in 1959. Upon her father’s death in 1964 Indira Gandhi was appointed as a member of the Rajya Sabha (upper house) and have become a member of Lal Bahadur Shastri’s cupboard as Minister of knowledge and Broadcasting.
In the Congress Party’s parliamentary leadership election command in early 1966 (upon the death of Shastri), Indira Gandhi defeated her rival Morarji Desai, to become leader, and therefore succeeded Shastri as Prime Minister of Asian country.
Indira Gandhi married Feroze Gandhi at the age of twenty five, in 1942. Their wedding lasted eighteen years, till Feroze died of a heart failure in 1960. that they had 2 sons – Rajiv and Sanjay Indira Gandhi ‘s younger son Sanjay had ab initio been her chosen heir; however once his death in a very flying accident in Gregorian calendar month 1980, Gandhi persuaded her reluctant elder son Rajiv to quit his job as a pilot and enter politics in Feb 1981.
In 1975, the then President Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed declared AN emergency across the countrybecause of the inner disturbances that prevailed at that point. The country had conjointlywitnessed a large economic loss throughout the People’s Republic of Bangladesh Liberation War and also the 1973 oil crisishad hit the country onerous. the govt claimed that the strikes and protests had paralysedthe government which the economy had become a foul form owing to such incidents.
Later in Gregorian calendar month 1984, she aggravated ‘Operation Blue Star’ to get rid of the Sikh leaders hard to please aseparate nation out of geographical area province and to require management of the Harmandir European complicated inAmritsar. Those ten days of the riots resulted during a variety of deaths and financial loss
Interesting Facts Secrets About Indira Gandhi
- Indira Gandhi was honoured by issuing a 1984 Soviet Union commemorative postage stamp
- She was the first Indian women Prime Minister of India from 1980 to 1984.
- On March 16, 1942, she married Firoz on a private, ceremony in Allahabad
- Indira Gandhi was elected Congress President in 1960.
- The emergency was declared in India on June 26, 1975, during the time of Indira Gandhi.
- On July 1969, she was the first who nationalized the banks.
- Indira Gandhi was awarded the highest honor of India in the year 1971 Bharat Ratna.
- Bangladesh became an independent nation because of Indira Gandhi,
- She was awarded by Lenin Peace Prize in 1983.
- She was the only child of first Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru